The Vegetable Garden
The children have experienced a wide range of playful and real learning opportunities over the last few months, so I thought it would be nice to write a few short blogs each month to give you all an insight into the reasons behind why we plan real learning experiences and encourage the children to direct their own learning …
The development of the vegetable garden
How does this develop and strengthen learning experiences?
What can you do at home to further support your child’s learning?
- You could plant your own seeds together at home.
- Your children could help you to prepare, make or cook a meal.
- You could go on a nature walk around the garden or outside and try and spot some signs of growth.
- You could create a natural collage, using objects you find on a nature walk.
- Take the time to connect with nature – and explore the natural world around us!
We cannot wait to help the children plan their recipes and prepare their meals once are herbs and vegetables are fully grown … we are sure they will taste delicious!